Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I need a fix

Poker. Poker. I think I am jonesing. I was reading on Aprils Blog (Not a Poker Blog) a comment about how juicy the ½ 6-MAX is. If it is anything like the 5/10 6-MAX then this is probably true. So end of March I am going to buyin for $300 (I know too little) and play that for a while.

I need to figure out how to not let my bad habits kill me too. I think for me a time limit for play is a good idea. I.E. 3 hours twice a week. Once the three is up no matter if I am a penny up or twenty down I leave. I have to get less result oriented and just play the game. I also want to work on leaving when ahead and starting to slide back down. It kills me when I am up 80 bucks on a nice juicy ½ 6-Max and then lose it because of some bad hands or bad play with good cards, suckouts, whatever.. I really just need to treat the game like any other job. Put my hours in. Submit my timesheet at the end of the week. Get paid if I had a good week or not get paid if I had a bad week. I guess the “submit the timesheet” thing would be posting my current bankroll to the site. I think if I see progress over time I can at least take baby steps and start looking week by week instead of minute by minute.

I will be playing in the Talking Poker game this Sunday around 3PM on Stars. I will signup sometime soon. Talking Poker is a great forum with some really good people. I really respect TP, Chip Fish, Aequetis and several of the other members. TP has a nice set of Signup bonus’s on his landing page www.talkingpoker.com. In the forum under General Poker is a sticky message about the tourney. Besides the guys I mentioned it is a mix of good and bad players. So it can be a very fun experience. I also think they are going to try and get a monthly game going or something along those lines. So if you have not visited give it a look, and if you’re a member I hope to see you there.

3 Comments:

Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

When you reload, try signing up for the PSO rake rebate program with PokerNow...

12:03 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd have a little more cushion for the shortgames if that's what you're going to be playing.

The swings can be rather large.

5:59 AM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Studioglypic is right, use the program at FrequentFlopper.com (PSO) and you will get $100 bonus with 1200 raked hands required, which is nothing on a Party Skin.

You might need a clean machine to do the initial signup, so get that lined up before March.

6:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home